Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Point of Power is Always in the Present Moment

Before I update the blog on the book I have been reading I wanna update you on whats going on in my life. A HUGE weight has been lifted as we found a way to pay for a midwife. I am able to pull my money from my 401K... which isnt a lot, but its just enough to pay the midwife. Now I dont have to stress about an unassisted birth.. I am officially out of the first Trimester.. so that is exciting.. means the rest of the time will go by pretty quick (well until the last couple weeks which always seem to take forever).

Ok now to the book. Where I am at is talking about how all the events you have been through in your lifetime, up to this moment have been created by thoughts and beliefs you have held in the past. They were created by thoughts and words you used yesterday, last week, last month, ect. However, since that was your past, it is over and done with. What is important now is what you are choosing to think and choosing to say right now. For these thoughts and words are forming your future. Take a minute to think about your thoughts right now. Are they negative or positive? Do you want that thought to be creating your future? If not, change it.

The only thing we are ever dealing with is a thought, and thoughts can be changed. No matter what the problem is, our experiences of them are just the outer effects of our inner thoughts. Even self hatred is only hating a thought you have about yourself. Say you have the thought "I am a bad person" this thought causes a feeling, and you buy into that feeling. However if you dont have that thought, you dont have that feeling. Thoughts can be changed, change the thought, change the feeling.

This shows us where we get many of our beliefs. But dont use that as an excuse to stay where you are. The past has NO power in the present. It doesnt matter how long you have had those negative thoughts and feelings, the point of power is in the present. When you realize the power in that, think how free it will make you.

We habitually think the same thoughts over and over so it may seem like we do not have the power over choosing them. We can refuse to think certain thoughts. Look at yourself and think how often you have let yourself refuse positive thoughts and dwelt on the negative ones. You have the power to ignore the negative ones and focus on the positive.

Everyone seems to have some form of self hatred or guilt. The more self hatred and guilt you have, the less your life seems to work, which means the less self hatred or guilt you have, the more your life will seem to come together. Most people have thoughts like "I'm not good enough", "I dont do enough", "I dont deserve". Any of these sound like you? I know I say or think many of those about myself. But think about this.. Who arent we good enough for? By whos standards? I find that when I am saying these things to myself, it is ME who is the problem. I am the one stating that I am not good enough. Not my husband, not my kids.. but me. If I can turn my thoughts around to confirm to myself, that I do enough, I am good enough, I DESERVE what I want ect.. then imagine what kinds of things can begin to happen in my life. So for now, I will say to myself. I AM GOOD ENOUGH. What you think of me after that, is all on you.. no longer on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment